Some updates to Scanbox/Knobby require the update of the firmware in the Trinamic TMCM-6110 card inside the motor controller. To update the firmware do the following:
- Run the program yeti/drivers/TMCL.exe
- Select Setup->Options from the menu.
- In the connection tab, select the COM port that corresponds to the card (it is typically labeled “Stepper”), and Click Ok.
- Select File->Open from the menu.
- Navigate to yeti/scanknob/ and select scanknob.tmc. You will see the window below:
- Finally, click on the Download button shown by the red arrow. The program will compile and download the code to the card.
- Close the program. You are done.
After updating the motor box you are ready to start Scanbox again. Make sure you also keep Knobby up to date by updating it with the firmware in each release.