Here are some of the features we have been developing to make it easy to build panoramas, pick regions-of-interest, and to visualize ROI location and data during acquisition using the NLW Mesoscope (aka the Kraken) on the latest version of Scanbox.
The video below shows a brief demo of the following:
- The automatic creation of panoramas on-the-fly as data are collected.
- Selection of region-of-interests (ROIs) directly on the panorama view.
- Visualizing ROI data embedded in the panorama.
- Dynamically zooming and panning during data collection.
- Dynamically changing the location of ROIs by dragging them on the panorama during the collection of data.
Here are some raw data from two separate ROIs, one on each hemisphere.
The ROIs (full panorama FOV in this example is 4.0 x 3.5 mm)
And a short movie with raw data:
Thinking about getting a mesoscope? Add your wish list of features in the comments below. Better now than later, as some features can dictate design considerations.